The Able Flight is now open. Eligible candidates should be able to provide proof of disability from their attending physician. He or she must be interested in pursuing career in aviation. The winning applicants will be granted a – fully funded scholarship. The application deadline is 31 December each year.
Able Flight is offering four types of scholarships for U.S. citizens who are dedicated to the idea that they, too, can change their lives by learning to fly or training for a career in aviation. Able Flight encourages people with a variety of physical disabilities to apply for a scholarship. This is not a program for those who seek a “weekend adventure” experience, but a program for people who are willing to work hard and remain committed to earning the privilege of becoming a pilot.
This full scholarships cover flight and ground training, testing fees, study materials, and lodging and travel as required.
Level and Area of Studies
Training program in aviation.
Place of Study
In the United States of America.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Any U.S. citizen seventeen years old or older with a physical disability that significantly impairs function can apply.
- Able Flight has awarded scholarships to people who use wheelchairs due to spinal cord injury, wounded veterans, people with a variety of congenital birth defects, and people who have lost limbs.
- Be at least 17 years of age, a U.S. citizen.
- Have a valid driver’s license, and be able to operate the controls of the training aircraft.
- Applicants must be able to provide proof of disability from their attending physician
Only the U.S citizens are invited to apply.
There are four types of scholarships are available. Three of the forms are for flight training scholarships and one is for aviation career training. Candidates for all scholarships will complete the appropriate application form, including an essay on how they feel the scholarship would change their life.
31 December each year.