The A.O. Capell Scholarship is fully sponsored by a bequest from Alfred Oscar Capell. The award will be targeted to highly potential students in research. To be eligible you must be an Australian or New Zealand or be permanent residenc of these countries. The A.O. Capell Scholarship will provide $ 16,000 per annum as living allowance of the successful applicants. Your application must be submitted before 31 October each year.
The Alfred Oscar Capell Scholarship is usually offered once every three years. The main condition of this scholarship is that candidates must be an Australian citizen, New Zealand citizen or Australian permanent resident. Especially, you must have completed tertiary studies that are at least equivalent to a 4-year honours degree at an Australian university with a minimum result of first class Honours.
The duration of the A.O. Capell Scholarship is three years. The following benefits apply:
- a living allowance of approx. $16,000 per annum (pro rata) paid fortnightly; and
- limited paid sick, maternity and parental leave, a relocation allowance and thesis allowance in line with the Graduate Research Scholarship benefits
Level and Area of Studies
Postgraduate degree in any field of studies
Place of Study: Melbourne University in Australia
Eligibility and Criteria
The requirements of Australia Postgraduate Awards (APA), you must:
- be an Australian citizen, New Zealand citizen or Australian permanent resident, or the recipient of an International Postgraduate Research Scholarship
- have completed tertiary studies that are at least equivalent to a 4-year honours degree at an Australian university with a minimum result of first class Honours.
- have applied for admission to or be currently enrolled in a graduate research degree at the University of Melbourne
- Current University of Melbourne students must have at least 12 months full-time or equivalent candidature remaining.
- If you who have previously held an APA for six months or more, you are not eligible for another APA.Application
- If you have applied for an Australian Postgraduate Award, you will be automatically considered for the A.O. Capell Scholarship.
Australians and New Zealanders are welcome to apply
Eligible candidates are selected on the basis of academic merit and other factors, such as relevant work experience and professional or artistic achievements.
All of the question about the application process of this scholarship can be addressed to:firstname.lastname@example.org
31 October each year.
Website and Application Link