The American Nuclear Society is pleased to offer the American Nuclear Society Scholarship Program / ANS Scholarship. This scholarship is open to both the United States citizens and overseas citizens who are pursuing degree in nuclear science or nuclear engineering. The value of the award is vary ranging from $1,000 to $4,000. The closing date of application is 1 February 2017 and 1 April.
The American Nuclear Society believes in rewarding its members for their academic, services and leadership excellence. To do so, scholarships are granted to qualified student members of ANS Student Sections who have demonstrated a high commitment to the standards set by the Society.s constituents. All scholarships are funded by contributions from the ANS Board, ANS professional divisions and member donations through renewals. The total number and amount of scholarships are based upon the funds available each year, which varies each year.
- $1,000 scholarships (expected for incoming freshmen)
- $2,000 – $2,500 scholarships (expected for undergraduate and two-year programs)
- $3,000 – $4,000 scholarships (expected for graduate programs)
Level and Area of Studies
Undergraduate and graduate degree in nuclear science or nuclear engineering.
Place of Study
In the United States of America.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Undergraduate and graduate scholarships are open to ANS student members enrolled in a course of study relating to a degree in nuclear science or nuclear engineering.
- All applications must be sponsored by a faculty advisor of an ANS Student Section or an individual ANS member.
- U.S. and non-U.S. residents may apply if they are enrolled in and attending an accredited institution in the United States with an established ANS Student Section or Alpha Nu Sigma chapter.
- Incoming freshmen awards are open to graduating high-school seniors who have enrolled, full-time, in college courses and are pursuing a degree in nuclear engineering or have the intent to pursue a degree in nuclear engineering.
The U.S. citizens and the U.S. non- residents are welcome to apply.
The application form can be obtained from the website and application link below.
- Applications open: November 15
- Deadline for ANS Common Application and all Named scholarships: February 1
- Deadline for Incoming Freshman Scholarship and Two-Year College Scholarship applications: April 1
- Notifications sent: April 15 – May 15