Each year, applications for the Anil G. Patel MD Memorial Scholarship Program are accepted. The scholarship is targeted to a graduate of a public or private high school in one of the eligible northeastern Ohio counties; Ashtabula, Lake, Geauga, Trumbull. Preference will be given to applicants from Ashtabula County, Ohio. Up to two awards are given annually.The application deadline is 21 October annually.
The winning students will receive benefit of $1,000.
Level and Area of Studies
College or university level in medical field.
Place of Study
In the United States of America.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Applicant must be a graduate of a public or private high school in one of the following northeastern Ohio counties: Ashtabula, Lake, Geauga, Trumbull. Preference will be given to applicants from Ashtabula County, Ohio
- Applicant must be currently enrolled full-time in an accredited medical school within the United States
only the United States citizens may apply this scholarship.
The application package must be consisting the materials as follow:
- A completed application form
- A typed essay (2 page maximum) specifically addressing the questions listed on the application
- One reference letter, from a person other than a family member, documenting the applicant’s integrity, interpersonal skills, and potential as a future physician
- Proof of eligibility: dated registrar’s receipt and/or letter on school letterhead verifying that applicant is enrolled full-time as a medical student
- Copy of medical school transcripts, if applicable; or undergraduate transcripts if the applicant is a first-semester medical student
- Any additional relevant materials the applicant would like to submit to help him/her stand out as a candidate
Please anticipate the application deadline in 21 October on annual basis.