Entries for the Anne McLaren Fellowship and Nottingham Research Fellowship are now accepted. Eligible candidates should be women researchers specializing in STEM (science, technology, engineering and/or medicine) studies. The winning candidates will receive a range of benefits including a competitive salary amounting up to £46,414. To apply, the application packet must be received no later than 3 November 2017.
The Anne McLaren Fellowships are aimed at outstanding female scholars in science, technology, engineering and/or medicine at the early stage of their academic careers. The Fellowships enable female researchers in STEM subjects – often under-represented in these areas – to establish independent research careers. Fellowships will normally commence in October 2018, but there is individual flexibility around this date.
The Nottingham Research Fellowships Scheme targets outstanding early career researchers in most academic disciplines at the University.
Each of the selected fellow will receive the benefits as follow:
- Three years independent funding, normally starting October 2017, to conduct research while based at The University of Nottingham
- Competitive salary between £28,982 and £46,414 (Level 4 or 5 R&T) dependent on experience
- The linking of the Fellowship to an indefinite academic post, subject to performance against a high-quality threshold and the continued right to work in the UK
- The opportunity to apply for additional funding for research expenses up to £25,000 per annum
- Additional childcare costs of up to £5000 per annum where appropriate
- Relocation expenses of up to £1500
The opportunity to spend periods of time at The University of Nottingham campuses in Malaysia and China
- Participation in a mentoring scheme and career development programme
Level and Area of Studies
Research program in STEM (science, technology, engineering and/or medicine) subjects for Anne McLaren Fellowships or any subject for the Nottingham Research Fellowships
Place of Study
At the University of Nottingham, UK.
Eligibility and Criteria
All applicants are required to meet the requirements as follow:
- Candidates must have been awarded their PhD prior to the Expression of interest submission date, and should have no more than 8 years of post-doctoral experience following the award of their PhD. Career breaks such as maternity leave, EU national service, and Voluntary Service Overseas can be discounted, but teaching experience and/or time spent in industry since the award of a PhD should amount to no more than 96 months.
- Candidates for the Anne McLaren Fellowships must be female and pursuing a career in a STEM subject.
- Candidates for the Nottingham Research Fellowships can be from any academic discipline across the University, provided the host school is participating in the scheme.
- Candidates must demonstrate experience sufficient to confirm their ability to complete the proposed programme of work.
- The University of Nottingham will act as sponsor for any candidate who does not have the right to work in the UK
There is no nationality restriction.
Further instruction can be seen at the website and application link below.
3 November 2017.