The Archie Motley Memorial Scholarship is now open. The scholarship is exclusively available for the minority students such as African, American Indian, Asian or Pacific Islander, or Latino descent. Midwest Archives Conference (MAC), the sponsor, provides $750 and complimentary 1-year membership to MAC for the winning applicants. The application deadline is March 1 every year.
Midwest Archives Conference (MAC) is accepting scholarship application from the student of African, American Indian, Asian or Pacific Islander, or Latino descent. The aim of scholarship is to provide financial assistance to minority students pursuing graduate education in archival administration. The scholarship also encourage ethnic diversification of the Midwest Archives Conference and the archival profession as a whole.
The winning students will receive benefits of scholarship of $750 and complimentary 1-year membership to MAC.
Level and Area of Studies
Graduate, multi-course program in archival administration studies.
Place of Study
In the United States of America.
Eligibility and Criteria
- The applicant must be a student of African, American Indian, Asian or Pacific Islander, or Latino descent
- Currently enrolled in a graduate, multi-course program in archival administration or accepted into such a program for the next academic year.
- The applicant must also have a grade point average of at least 3.0 (based on a 4.0 scale) in their most recent academic year.
The U.S minority students are welcome to apply.
The application package must be consisting the materials as follow:
- Transcript from the applicant’s most recent academic program.
- Essay of not more than 500 words outlining the applicant’s interests and future goals in archival administration.
- Two letters of recommendation.
1 March every year.