The applications for BEF General Academic Scholarships are currently accepted. Both undergraduate and graduate students are welcome to apply. The successful applicants will be awarded maximum $2,500 for covering his or her tuition fees. Your application must be submitted by the deadlines below
The Boomer Esiason Foundation’s General Academic Scholarships assist CF patients pursuing undergraduate and graduate degrees. Grants are awarded quarterly on the basis of demonstrated need and academic accomplishment. They are made directly to the academic institution to assist in covering the cost of tuition and fees. This scholarship is for one year only.
The winners of the BEF General Academic Scholarships may expect to receive award valued from $500 to $2,500.
Level and Area of Studies
Undergraduate and graduate degree in health and medical studies
Place of Study
In the United States of America
Eligibility and Criteria
The BEF Scholarship Program committee considers the applicant’s scholastic ability, character, leadership potential, service to the community and need for financial assistance. Once candidates have been selected as semi-finalists, they will be granted a phone interview with a committee member.
U.S students are eligible to apply this BEF Scholarship.
All interested candidates are required to submit all of the following documents:
- Essay (1. Discuss the importance of compliance to CF therapies and what you practice daily to stay healthy; 2.Discuss your post-graduation goals.)
- Recent photo
- Letter from physician (on letterhead) confirming CF diagnosis and therapy routine
- Transcript (high school, college and/or graduate school)
- Letter of acceptance from academic institution
- Detailed breakdown of tuition costs from academic institution
- W2 form for both parents OR tax return if self-employed
All of those documents must be submitted to:
Boomer Esiason Foundation
c/o Chris McEwan
483 10th Avenue, Suite 300
New York, NY 10018
March, June, September, and December annually.
Please direct your pertaining questions to: [email protected]