Applications for the Ben Carlson Scholarship Program are currently being accepted. This scholarship is open to current high school senior or undergraduate students. Two awards will be given. No application will be receivrd after 1 March every year.
The Ben Carlson Memorial & Scholarship Foundation is now offering the Ben Carlson Scholarship to a current high school senior or undergraduate student. Their goal is to reward 2 students annually, who embody Ben’s characteristics, with significant scholarship packages valued. The foundation seeks to create a sustainable legacy of Ben Carlson through scholarship, ocean safety, and philanthropy.
Two $10,000 scholarships will be given to the winning candidates.
Level and Area of Studies
High school and college level in any field.
Place of Study
In the United States of America.
Eligibility and Criteria
- All candidates need to be attending a four-year post-secondary school within ten months of award application date.
- Candidates must be a current high school senior or undergraduate student. Graduate students will not be considered.
- Candidates must demonstrate a strong work ethic, academic promise, athleticism, and service to the community.
- High School students must have a minimum weighted 3.5 GPA
- Undergraduate students must have a minimum 3.0 GPA, and be taking a full-time academic course load.
- Applicants with present or past participation in a junior lifeguard program or present or past employment as an ocean lifeguard will be given additional preference.
The U.S. citizens are welcome to apply.
Application should be submitted online through the link below.
1 March annually.