Applications for the Borlaug Cocoa Research Fellowships is now being accepted. This program is open to the citizens of any developing country. Fellows will have opportunity to participate in a training focused on cocoa breeding, integrated pest management, and post-harvest management. The closing date of application is 5 November 2017.
The U.S. Department of Agriculture is now accepting applications for the 2018 Borlaug Global Cocoa Initiative Fellowships. Fellows will work with a mentor at USDA’s Agricultural Research Service or a U.S. university for up to 12 weeks on research related to improving cocoa production and quality.
The Borlaug Global Cocoa Initiative Fellowship offers training opportunities in specific topics focused on cocoa breeding, integrated pest management, and post-harvest management.
Level and Area of Studies
Non – degree program in agriculture.
Place of Study
In the United States of America.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Be citizens of an eligible country
- Be fluent in English
- Have completed a Master’s or higher degree
- Be in the early or middle stage of their career, with at least two (but not more than 10) years of practical experience
- Be employed by a university, government agency or research entity in their home country
- Demonstrate their intention to continue working in their home country after completing the fellowship
The citizens of the following countries may apply this fellowship; Africa: Cameroon, Cote d’Ivoire, Ghana, Liberia. Asia: Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Vietnam. Latin America and the Caribbean: Colombia, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Peru, Trinidad and Tobago.
Candidates must apply via the online application system . The following information will be required:
- Completed application form
- 2-3 page program proposal and action plan
- Signed approval from applicant’s home institution
- Two letters of recommendation
- Official copy of transcript for college/university degree(s) received
- Copy of passport identification page
5th November 2017