The Graduate Student Assistantships and Fellowships (OGSAF) of George Washington University is delighted to invite applications for the Career Development Fellowship. Eligible candidates should be full-time and part-time degree students at the University of George Washington.
The Office of Graduate Student Assistantships and Fellowships (OGSAF) at George Washington University is offering fellowship named as Career Development Fellowship. The fellowship is available to those who employed full- or part-time in student’s degree program.
Fellows will receive stipend of $5,000 for part-time/half-time students and up to $10,000 for full time students.
Level and Area of Studies
Full-time and part-time degree in any subject.
Place of Study
At George Washington University, USA
Eligibility and Criteria
- Employed full- or part-time in a position (job or internship, paid or unpaid in the DC Metro area) directly related to the student’s degree program. (GW employees are not eligible)
- In accordance with University policy, full-time students may not have full-time jobs.
- Current or incoming GW graduate students with a minimum 3.4 GPA who have been accepted to one of the Master’s degree programs. (Students enrolled in off-campus locations are not eligible).
The U.S citizens are welcome to apply.
To apply, students are required to submit the materials as follow:
- Essay: The essay will be the most heavily weighted factor in your application package. The essay should explain, in detail: (1). How your current professional position will enable you to make a positive contribution to your academic program? (2). How your academic program enhances your skills and knowledge for your current placement (job or internship) and is relevant to your future career goals?
- Resume: your resume should include relevant work and internship experiences, degrees earned honors and/or awards, and community service activities.
- Academic and Professional Recommendations.
- Two recommendations are required. One must come from the employer or internship supervisor and one from a professor.
- Recommendations will be submitted via online system.
- Incoming Students Deadline: 13 March 2018 (12:00 PM/NOON EST) (Late submissions will not be accepted)
- Current Students Deadline: 3 April 2018 (8:00 PM EST) (Late submissions will not be accepted)