The applications for the United Nations Journalism Fellowship of Dag Hammarskjöld Fund are now accepted. This fellowship is exclusively open to journalists coming from developing countries. Successful fellows will have opportunity to come to New York to report on international affairs during the 73rd session of the United Nations General Assembly. This Dag Hammarskjöld Fund fellowship provides all of the related expenses to the program. Application deadline is 12 March 2018.
The Dag Hammarskjöld Fund for Journalists is now accepting applications from professional journalists from developing countries for its 2018 fellowship program. The application deadline is March 12, 2018. The fellowships are available to radio, television, print and web journalists, age 25 to 35, from developing countries who are interested in coming to New York to report on international affairs during the 73rd session of the United Nations General Assembly.
This journalism fellowship will cover round-trip airfare to New York; accommodations; health insurance for the duration of the fellowship, and a daily allowance to cover food and other necessities.
Level and Area of Studies
Non-degree program in Journalism field.
Place of Study
In the United States of America
Eligibility and Criteria
The main requirements of this Dag Hammarskjöld Fund Journalism Fellowship as follow:
- Are native of one of the developing countries
- Currently live in and write for media in a developing country.
- Are between the ages of 25 and 35.
- Have a very good command of the English language
- Are currently employed full-time as professional journalists.
- Have approval from their media organizations to spend up to three months in New York.
- Receive a commitment from their media organizations that the reports they file during the term of the Fellowship will be used and that they will continue to be paid
The candidates should be coming from one of the developing countries except Argentine, Indonesia, Tajikistan and Iran.
The eligible candidates are advised to learn the application procedure at the website and application link below.
March 12, 2018.