Applications for the Delta Air Lines Engineering Scholarship are now invited. This is exclusively open to the member of Women in Aviation. Both the U.S. and non-U.S. citizens are welcome to apply. The winning candidates will be granted up to $12,000. To apply, candidates are required to provide an essay prompting the questions below. Entries must be submitted by November 13, 2017.
Delta Air Lines will award a scholarship to a student currently enrolled in a baccalaureate degree program in aerospace/aeronautical, electrical, or mechanical engineering. In addition to the scholarship, the recipient will receive a trip to the 29th Annual International Women in Aviation Conference, including round trip airfare, hotel accommodations, and conference registration. AES engineering scholarship is similar to this scholarship.
The winning candidates will receive benefit of $12,000.
Level and Area of Studies
Junior or senior level in Aviation – related field.
Place of Study
In the United States of America.
Eligibility and Criteria
To be eligible for the Delta Airlines Engineering Scholarship, applicants must be full-time students at the junior or senior level with a minimum of two semesters (as of February 2018, with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) or better. Applicants must be U.S. citizens or eligible non-citizens. You also must be a member of Women in Aviation, International prior to November 1, 2017, and that membership must remain current through March 2018.
The U.S students may apply this scholarship.
All candidates are acquired to write an essay based on the questions below:
- Who or what inspired you to pursue a career in aerospace/aeronautical, electrical, or mechanical engineering?
- What is or has been your greatest life challenge, and how has it enriched your and/or someone else’s life?
- If someone else was to describe your greatest strength, what would it be and why, and what do you consider to be your strongest characteristic and why?
- What has been your most memorable academic experience and how did you handle this situation?
- Why are you the most qualified candidate for the Delta Air Lines Engineering Scholarship?
13 November 2017.