The DLGS Fellowship Program is now open. Students from all nations are invited to apply. This fellowship award is aimed to support students who will be conducting doctoral research in the field of Sustainable Urban Development at Technische Universität Dresden. This award will cover all of the related expenses which is tenable for maximum three years. The application deadline is 15 September each year.
Dresden Leibniz Graduate School (DLGS) is inviting applications for Doctoral Fellowships in “Sustainable, resilient and inclusive cities and regions”. The fellowships at Technische Universität Dresden, which are for up to 3 years (with yearly review), will commence March 2018. The research focus of this 2018-2020 cohort is on making cities and regions more sustainable, resilient and inclusive. Doctoral candidates will investigate new concepts, instruments and policies for promoting social development, economic growth, and environmentally sustainable urban and regional development.
Some of the 20 major research topics that fellows can choose for this fellowship are: Economic policies for adequate and affordable housing in less developed countries; Integrated policies and plans towards resilience to disasters, resource efficiency, adaptation to climate change and depopulation; Green infrastructure policies and social integration in the informal settlement; and Gender relations in urban spaces.
Each of the selected fellows will receive benefit of a fixed monthly stipend for the fellows’ living expenses in Dresden, funds to attend the DLGS academic programme (including German lessons for non-native speakers of German language), limited funds for project-related travel and other research expenses, and the round-trip airfare to Germany. There is no additional family subsidy for fellows accompanied by a partner and/or children.
Level and Area of Studies
Research doctoral in Sustainable Urban Development.
Place of Study
At Technische Universität Dresden, Germany.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Applicants have to be graduates holding an M.A., M.Sc., or equivalent degree, with a Masters thesis grade that is ‘good’ or equivalent, corresponding to 2 or better under Germany’sgrading system, in Spatial Planning and Development (including City and Regional Planning and Landscape Planning), Economics, Sociology, Geography, or Environmental Sciences. No more than 4 years should have passed since the applicant gained his/her Masters degree.
- Applicants have to be fluent in spoken and written English and comfortable working in teams.
- Applicants from other disciplines are welcome to apply,if they are able to convincingly relate their area of interest to the DLGS research lines and topics.
- Fellows have to take up residence in Dresden, and be regularly or daily present at DLGS premises during working hours.
- Fellowship holders must comply with the regulations for a doctoral degree issued by the relevant faculties of the Technische Universität Dresden from which they are to get their doctoral degree. Applications from outside of Germany are particularly welcome.
There is no nationality restriction.
The application should be done online. Please click the link below to apply.
15 September on annual basis.