Each year, the DuPont Center for Collaborative Research & Education invites applications for the DuPont Challenge Science Essay Competition. Only the U.S and Canadian students are welcome to apply. They must be at least 13 years of age prior to Saturday, February 7, 2016. Three winning students will be chosen to receive the award. The amount of the scholarship is ranging from $1,000 to $5,000. To essay, essay must submitted by November and February.
Take the DuPont Challenge and you could win U.S. Savings Bond. The DuPont Challenge is proudly sponsored by the DuPont Center for Collaborative Research & Education. As the world population continues to grow and become more connected than ever, The DuPont Challenge asks students to consider most important challenges by researching and writing a 700-1,000-word science essay.
- First Place Winner: U. S. Savings Bond – $5,000 at maturity
- Second Place Winner: U.S. Savings Bond – $3,000 at maturity
- Third Place Winner: U. S. Savings Bond – $1,000 at maturity
Level and Area of Studies
High school level grades 6–12 in defense department.
Place of Study
In the United States of America.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Students currently enrolled in grades 6 through 12
- Students attending public, private, or home schools in the United States, Canada, or their territories
- Students enrolled in Department of Defense schools, grades 6–12
- All students must be 13 years of age prior to Saturday, February 7, 2016, to submit their essay
- Students graduating from high school before 2016 are not eligible
Only U.S and Canadian students may apply this scholarship.
To apply, please write an original 700 to 1,000-word essay created exclusively for The DuPont Challenge. Please see the detail essay guideline at the link below.
Please anticipate the next deadline in February 5, 2016.