Each year, applications for the Eiffel Excellence Scholarships are invited. Eligible candidates should overseas or non -French students. He or she must be planning to undertake master or doctoral degree in French universities. This Eiffel Scholarships cover all of the related cost during the study period. To apply, entries must be received by 12 January 2018.
The Eiffel Excellence Scholarship Programme was established by the French Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Development to enable French higher education establishments to attract top foreign students to enrol in their master’s and PhD courses. The scholarship programme funds master’s courses lasting between 12 and 36 months and offers funding for PhD students to spend ten months in France through joint supervision or dual enrolment.
- For Master’s level studies, the Eiffel scholarship includes a monthly allowance of €1,181 (a maintenance allowance of €1,031 and a monthly stipend of €150). For PhD level studies, the Eiffel scholarship includes a monthly allowance of €1,400.
- In addition, the programme meets various expenses including international return trip, social security cover, and cultural activities. Scholarship holders may also receive an additional housing allowance, under certain conditions.
- Tuition fees are not covered by the Eiffel Programme.
Level and Area of Studies
Eiffel scholarships are available in three main fields: engineering science at master’s level (science in the broadest sense at PhD level) , economics and management and law & political sciences.
Place of Study
At French Universities and Academic Institutions.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Nationality: This programme is reserved for candidates of non-French nationality. Candidates with two nationalities, one of which is French, are not eligible.
- Age : For master’s courses, candidates must be no older than 30 on the date of the selection committee meeting, at PhD level, candidates must be no older than 35 on the date of the selection committee meeting.
- Origin of applications : Only applications submitted by French educational establishments are accepted. These establishments undertake to enrol scholarship holders on the course for which they have been selected. Applications submitted by any other means shall not be considered. Furthermore, any candidate nominated by more than one establishment shall be disqualified.
- Courses of study: Scholarships are for students wishing to enrol on a master’s course, including at an engineering school, and for PhD students. The Eiffel Programme does not applyto French-run master’s courses abroad, as non-PhD scholarship holders must complete at least 75% of their course in France. It does not apply to training under an apprenticeship contract or a professional training contract either.
- Combination with other scholarships: Foreign students who, at the time of application, have already been awarded a French government scholarship under another programme are not eligible, even if the scholarship in question does not include social security cover.
- For Eiffel PhD Scholarship: Establishments may nominate a candidate who was previously awarded an Eiffel scholarship at master’s level for a scholarship at PhD level. Candidates who have already been awarded an Eiffel scholarship once during their PhD cannot be awarded it for a second time. No application will be accepted for any student who applied previously but was rejected, even if the application is submitted by a different establishment or in another field of study.
- For Eiffel Master Scholarship: No application will be accepted for any student who applied previously but was rejected, even if the application is submitted by a different establishment or in another field of study. Students who have already been awarded an Eiffel scholarship at master’s level are not eligible to re-apply at master’s level.
- Language level: When pre-selecting non-French-speaking candidates, establishments must make sure that their language skills meet the requirements of the relevant course of study.
Students from any country other than France may apply this scholarship.
Applications are not accepted from students directly. Applications for EIFFEL scholarships are submitted by French Higher Education Institutions. You must apply and meet the requirements of the French Higher Education Institution in order to be considered for the scholarship.
12 January 2018.