Applications for the EMPOWER Scholarship Program are currently being accepted. The scholarship is specially open to students who are ethnically diverse and are pursuing a career in a medical or rehabilitation field. Please note, only the residents of Western Wisconsin or Minnesota are invited to apply. The closing date of application is April 15.
The EMPOWER Scholarship, parcel out by Courage Kenny Foundation, encourages and supports those students who are ethnically diverse and are pursuing a career in a medical or rehabilitation field. The scholarship is open to ethnically diverse students who have been accepted to or enrolled in a post-high school program. The scholarship is made for encouragement for different kinds of racial students who want to make their career in the rehabilitation field.
The award amount varies each year.
Level and Area of Studies: Any
Place of Study
At any school in Western Wisconsin or Minnesota.
Eligibility and Criteria
All applicants must satisfy the given criteria as follow:
- A resident of Western Wisconsin or Minnesota attending school in Western Wisconsin or Minnesota.
- Volunteer hours
- Pursuing a career in medical or healthcare.
- Minimum GPA of 2.0 on 4.0 scales.
- Need financial assistance.
Only the resident of Western Wisconsin or Minnesota are invited to apply.
To apply, candidates are required to submit the materials as follow:
- Volunteer service essay
- A statement of financial need (on application)
- Two Reference Letters; One from a coordinator of volunteers verifying your service and number of hours and One personal reference – (i.e. teacher, coach, clergy, employment…)
- Copy of school transcript or acceptance letter