The University of Manchester is delighted to offer the equity and merit scholarships for study by distance learning. Please note, this scholarship only available for students from Tanzania, Uganda, Bangladesh or Rwanda. The winning students will receive award covering all of the academic expenses.
The Institute of Development Policy and Management (IDPM) is a top destination for postgraduate students and offers an array of funding opportunities, including strategic use of our own resources.
This Equity and Merit Scholarship covers all tuition fees, course materials and examinations.
Level and Area of Studies
MSc Management and Information Systems: Change and Development and MSc Human Resource Management and Development (International Development).
Place of Study
At the University of Manchester in UK.
Eligibility and Criteria
To be eligible, you must meet the given criteria as follow:
- be a resident citizen of Tanzania, Uganda, Bangladesh or Rwanda and have not previously studied abroad;
- hold a First or Upper Second class degree;
- have a minimum of two years’ relevant work experience;
- have a clear idea how studying for an online masters would benefit both your career and the development of your home country;
- have achieved a grade C in English Language at Tanzania or Uganda Certificate of Secondary Education level or have a minimum IELTS result of 6.5 overall with 6.5 in writing and 6.0 in all other subscores (please note that a certificate of proficiency from a local university cannot be considered as evidence of your level of English language proficiency).
Only students from Tanzania, Uganda, Bangladesh or Rwanda are invited to apply.
The application should be made online through the online system at the website and application link below.
Varies depending on the applicants’ nationality.