The Boomer Esiason Foundation annually offers the Exercise for Life Athletic Scholarship. This scholarship is specially available for high school senior students with cystic fibrosis. Each of the successful applicants will receive $10,000. The next application deadline is June 2, 2017.
Doctors and CF centers have made it clear: when it comes to CF, exercise saves lives. BEF’s Exercise for Life Scholarship is awarded annually to high school senior scholar-athletes on the basis of demonstrated financial need, academic accomplishment and athletic ability in the area of running.
Each of the winners may expect to receive $10,000. These grants are made directly to the academic institution to assist in covering the cost of tuition and fees.
Level and Area of Studies
High school seniors in all subjects
Place of Study
In the United States of America
Eligibility and Criteria
Applicants must be a high school senior who has cystic fibrosis and demonstrates scholastic ability, athletic ability (as evidenced by regular exercise), character, leadership, service to the community, need for financial assistance, and daily compliance to CF therapy. The student-athlete should jog on a regular basis and be training for the 1.5-mile qualifying run. All candidates will be judged on the basis of time.
U.S students may apply this scholarship.
All candidates are required to provide all of the compulsory documents below:
- Completed Exercise For Life training log (download below)
- Essay (1. Discuss the importance of compliance to CF therapies and what you practice daily to stay healthy; 2.Discuss your post-graduation goals.)
- Recent photo
- Letter from physician (on letterhead) confirming CF diagnosis and therapy routine
- Most recent W2 form for both parents
- Transcript (high school, college and/or graduation school)
- Letter of acceptance from academic institution
- Detailed breakdown of tuition costs from academic institution
- Signed waiver
Those completed documents should be submitted to:
Boomer Esiason Foundation
c/o Chris McEwan
483 10th Avenue, Suite 300
New York, NY 10018
7 June 2017
Email questions to: [email protected]