This Fulbright Award is exclusively targeted to Sri Lankan Citizens. The winning scholars will do an advanced research and participate in lectures in the U.S institutions. He or she will receive benefit of award covering all of the relevant expenses for maximum six months. To apply, the application packet must be submitted no later than 1 October each year.
The US-SLFC invites applications from Sri Lankan scholars who wish to pursue postdoctoral research and/or lecturing at a U.S. university or research institution. Please note, when an application is forwarded to your department for affiliation, it is important to determine whether or not the department has research interests and facilities consistent with the project outlined by the scholar.
This Fulbright Research and Lecturing Scholarship will cover round-trip international travel and sickness and accident insurance provided by the U.S. Department of State. Most scholars also receive a monthly stipend and additional allowances as benefits of their grants. Fulbright grantees enter the United States under the sponsorship of the Department of State’s J-1 Exchange Visitor Program for Fulbright Scholars.
Level and Area of Studies
Research and lecturing program in any subject.
Place of Study
In the United States of America.
Eligibility and Criteria
Please ensure that you are a qualified person according to the criteria as follow:
- Be a Sri Lankan citizen and have continuously resided in Sri Lanka for a minimum of two years up to the time of applying for this award.
- Possess a PhD from a recognised university.
- Demonstrate a clear rationale for conducting the proposed research/ teaching in the U.S.
- While applicants from all disciplines will be considered, preference will be given to candidates in the fields of humanities and social sciences.
- Age: The age limit in force hitherto is waived. However, all things being equal, an applicant who is near retirement would not be as strong as one who is several years away.
- Possess a letter of invitation from a host institution in the U.S.
Only Sri Lankan scholars are invited to apply.
The application should be made online through the online system at the website and application link below.
1 October each year.