The applications for Fulbright-Philippine Agriculture Scholarship Program (FPASP) are currently accepted. This scholarship is exclusively available for students from Philippine who planning to pursue education in Agriculture fields at the U.S institution. This scholarship provide all of the relevant expenses including travel cost and monthly allowance. To apply, the completed application form must be submitted no later than 30 June 2017.
The Fulbright-Philippine Agriculture Scholarship Program (FPASP) is purposed to modernize the agriculture and fisheries sectors of the Philippines by developing their human resources base through bilateral educational exchanges between the Philippines and the United States. The objective of the grant is not only to enable the recipient to pursue a particular field of study but to develop leaders in agriculture and fisheries who can contribute to promoting better understanding between the Philippines and the United States.
Each of the selected applicants will be granted award that covers all cost of the following items: round-trip international travel, monthly maintenance allowance, tuition and fees, book/supply allowance, and health and accident insurance.
Level and Area of Studies
Non-degree, master’s and doctoral programme majoring in Agriculture-related studies.
Place of Study
In the United States of America.
Eligibility and Criteria
In order to be eligible, candidates are expected to meet the requirements as follow:
- Meet the residency requirements. Only Philippines are welcome to apply.
- Meet the English proficiency requirement.
- Enrolled in a PhD program in the Philippines (for doctoral dissertation research)
- Have at least a master’s degree (advanced research)
- Have a good health condition.
- Meet minimum work experience requirement.
- Have commitment to return to the Philippines after completing the program.
Only Philippine students are invited to apply.
To apply, all candidates are required to submit one original and two photocopies of the following items below except for the letters of reference
- Official or certified transcript of records from all colleges/universities attended
- Certified copies of diplomas (not original)
- Three (3) letters of reference (forms will be provided in the application kit)
- Completed 6-page application form
- Letter of invitation from prospective American host institution (preferred)
- Copy of biographical page of passport, if available
- NBI clearance acquired in the past six (6) months
30 June 2017