The applications for Gilder Lehrman Fellowship are now being accepted. International scholars who want to do a short-term research in the United States of America are welcome to apply. Up to $3000 to the successful fellows. The completed application form must be submitted no later than May 17, 2017.
The Gilder Lehrman Institute of American History awards annual short-term research fellowships in the amount of $3000 each to doctoral candidates, postdoctoral scholars, college and university faculty at every rank, and independent scholars working in the field of American history.
The winners may expect to receive $3,000.
Level and Area of Studies
Research program in unrestricted area of studies
Place of Study
At the Gilder Lehrman Institute in New York City, USA
Eligibility and Criteria
All of the eligible candidates are expected to:
- Complete their research within a year of notification of the award.
- Visit the Gilder Lehrman Institute in New York City to meet the Fellowship Coordinator and record a 2–3 minute video interview.
- Submit a paragraph documenting the archival collections consulted during the fellowship.
International students are welcome to apply.
To apply this scholarship, all candidates are requires to provides the documents as follow:
- A project proposal including current contact information, a list of primary sources to be consulted, and an anticipated budget
- A curriculum vitae
- Two letters of recommendation from established scholars of American history
May 15, 2017.
You may direct your questions to: [email protected]