George Washington University is delighted to accept applications for the Global Leaders Fellowship. This fellowship award is exclusively open to students holding an F-1 visa who coming from one of the countries listed below. The winning fellows will receive a range of benefits for maximum 6 years (doctoral) and 3 years (master). The application deadline is 5 February annually.
The Global Leaders Fellowship is for incoming graduate students (master’s and doctoral) at the George Washington University who will return to their countries of origin to apply skills learned through their formal education at the GW. The fellowship is intended for GW graduate students who will be future leaders in their fields in their home countries. Preference will be for students who have not studied or worked in the U.S. or other countries aside from their home country.
Three Global Leaders Fellowships, which will cover up to 18 credit hours will be awarded. The grantee is to provide funds from other sources for books, living, and other expenses, and must provide certification of this support.
Level and Area of Studies
Master and Doctoral degree in any field.
Place of Study
At George Washington University, U.S.A
Eligibility and Criteria
To be eligible, each candidates must meet the given criteria as follow:
- Students holding an F-1 visa (J-1 visa is eligible for Fulbright applicants only) and who are from the following countries or regions listed below.
- Graduate students (master’s and doctoral) from Foggy Bottom on campus programs in the following schools are eligible: College of Professional Studies, Columbian College of Arts and Sciences, Elliott School of International Affairs, Graduate School of Education and Human Development, School of Business (Executive Education program is not eligible), School of Engineering and Applied Science.
- Please note that permanent residents, resident aliens and U.S. Citizens are not eligible for this fellowship. Applicants must have an F-1 (J-1 visa for Fulbright applicants only), no exceptions.
- Fellowships are awarded to highly qualified incoming GW full-time graduate degree program seeking students who have gained admission to the University and whose program is on the main Foggy Bottom Campus. Students need to apply for admission separately through the online process.
- As part of the admissions process, applicants must have passed the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) with a minimum score of 600 on the paper-based exam or 100 on the internet based exam, or an IELTS overall band score of 7.5 (with no individual band below 6.0).
Only those coming the countries as follow will be considered for this fellowship: China (PRC), Cambodia, Eastern Europe, Laos, Latin America, The Caribbean, Mongolia, Sub-Saharan Africa, U.S.S.R. Successor States and Vietnam.
The application should be made online through the online system at the website and application link below.
5 February on annual basis.