The Graduate School of Life Sciences (GSLS) of the University of Würzburg is pleased to invite applications for a number of PhD Fellowships. Those are available for international students pursuing doctoral degree at school. The winning fellows will receive a monthly stipend and travel cost which is tenable for three years. The closing date of application is 10th September 2017.
Each of the fellowship winners will receive benefits as follow:
- an international (working language English) and widely visible research environment
- three years of tax-free personal fellowship (1468 EUR/month)
- your own research grant covering research expenses of your PhD project and travel money to attend conferences (5000 EUR/year)
- the freedom to choose your lab, project and mentors – provided that there is mutual agreement in one of the sections of the GSLS
- continuous supervision and mentoring by a thesis committee of three principal investigators (including a special mentoring program for female doctoral researchers)
- a strong network of peers
- advanced scientific and professional skills training -MD/PhD program for medical graduates
Level and Area of Studies
Doctoral program in all subjects available at Graduate School of Life Sciences (GSLS).
Place of Study
At Graduate School of Life Sciences (GSLS), University of Würzburg in Germany.
Eligibility and Criteria
All candidates are expected to have the qualification as follow:
- passion for research and practical experience in this area
- a clear understanding of what you want to work on
- an excellent university degree obtained within the last two years, usually an M.Sc. or German Diploma; if graduation is expected by January 2015 you are welcome to apply; exceptional candidates holding an Honours B.Sc. may join after a qualification period
- proven excellent oral and written English proficiency (this will also be assessed during interview) and willingness to learn basic German (training provided)
- Eagerness to work in an interdisciplinary and international environment.
International students are welcome to apply.
Detail instruction of this GSLS Fellowship can be found at the link below.
10 September 2017.