Entries for the HackNY Fellows Program are now being accepted. Eligible candidates should be currently pursuing undergraduate or graduate program in the United States. Both domestic and overseas citizens are welcome to apply. A range of benefits will be given to the winning fellows including Startups pay $3,500. The closing date of application is October, November and December.
The hackNY Fellows Program, now entering its seventh year is looking for quantitatively and computationally talented student-hackers interested in advancing their skills while meeting and collaborating with peers and leaders in the NYC startup community. The summer Fellows program pairs quantitative and computational students with startups which can demonstrate a strong mentoring environment. You’ll live in the heart of NYC with a cohort of some of the most talented and creative student technologists from all over the world.
- Startups pay $3,500 per Fellow to hackNY for the summer. This covers the Fellows’ housing and dinner and events at least twice per week.
- Person: A technical mentor, such as a CTO or team lead, to guide their Fellow and answer their technical and career-related questions.
- Place: A desk for their Fellow to work at in person, whether it’s in a dedicated office or with your team in a coworking space.
- Project: A meaningful technical project or series of projects. All hackNY Fellows ship code that becomes part of their host startup’s product.
- Paycheck: Host startups pay at least $800/week for 10 weeks to each Fellow.
Level and Area of Studies
Undergraduate and graduate degree in field.
Place of Study
In the United States of America.
Eligibility and Criteria
- HackNY Fellows must be current, full-time students enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree at the time of application. They encourage applications from institutions across the country.
- International students are also encouraged if they are already enrolled at a US university at the time of application.
- As long as you are a full-time student enrolled in a degree program at the time the application is submitted, you are eligible to apply to be a hackNY Fellow.
- Applications are accepted from all areas of expertise including design and product management but are currently primarily focused on engineering.
There is no citizenship requirement.
Application can be made through the link below.
Deadlines Fellows are October 30, November 30, and December 30. Your chances are best the earlier you apply.