Each year, the University of Hamburg accepts application for master’s scholarships. These scholarships available for students who are being be enrolled in a Master’s programme at the HAW Hamburg. The highly talented foreign students are welcome to apply. Those are selected will receive benefits of 500 Euro / month. The application deadline is 30 October and 30 April each year.
Hamburg University of Applied Sciences awards scholarships to academically strong foreign students studying in Master degree programmes. Applicants must have completed their school education outside of Germany or have graduated from a Studienkolleg. They must also have completed their Bachelor’s degree or Diplom at a German university and be enrolled in a Master’s programme* at the HAW Hamburg.
Each of the scholarship recipients will be granted 500 Euro / month (4 months per semester). The scholarship is for one semester; an extension for a further
two semesters is possible.
Level and Area of Studies
Master degree in applied science. Please note, students in Design degree programmes as well as students of Public Health, Public Management, Sozial- und Gesundheitsmanagement and Erneuerbare Energien cannot apply for scholarships.
Place of Study
Hamburg University in Germany.
Eligibility and Criteria
To be eligible, all applicants are expected to meet all of the conditions as follow:
- You are an international master student at the HAW Hamburg.
- You have completed your school education abroad or have successfully graduated form a Studienkolleg.
- You have completed your graduate program in Germany or abroad.
- You are not eligible for a BAföG loan (Federal Training Assistance Act). If you fulfill the criteria for a BAföG loan you are not eligible for the scholarship even if you do not actually receive the funding.
- Students from the courses Design, Public Health, Public Management, Social and Health Management as well as the further educational masters in Heide and Lüchow-Dannenberg cannot apply for the scholarship.
Foreign students may apply this scholarship.
The application form can be downloaded at the application link below.
30 October (for the winter semester) and 30 April (for the sumer semester) each year.