Entries for the Honjo International Scholarship are now accepted. Students from all nations, except Japan, are welcome to apply. He or she must be attending graduate program at any Japanese university. This year, up to 20 awards will be awarded. Each of those covers a monthly stipend ranging from ¥150,000 to ¥200,000. No application will be received after 31 October 2017.
This scholarship is open to foreign students who will attend a graduate school at a Japanese university. The payment of the scholarship money will be issued starting from April, 2017. The Honjo International Scholarships recipients are under no obligation to repay the amount they receive from our Foundation. The student is not permitted to receive any other scholarship in conjunction with the scholarship offered by the Honjo International Scholarship Foundation.
Value and Tenure
The winning candidates will receive benefit as follow:
– ¥200,000 per month for 1 or 2 years
– ¥180,000 per month for 3 years
– ¥150,000 per month for 4 or 5 years
Level and Area of Studies
Graduate degree (Master and Doctoral) in any field.
Place of Study
The study will be taken in Japan.
Eligibility and Criteria
In order to be qualified candidates, students must meet the given criteria as follow:
- The student does not possess Japanese citizenship.
- The student must be registered to attend or applying for a graduate school starting from April 1, 2017.
- Students enrolled in a PhD Program must have been born after March 31, 1982.
- Those enrolled in a Master’s Program must have been born after March 31, 1987.
- The student must be able to assure the committee that he or she will be able to secure employment in their home country after graduating from a graduate school. This does not require him or her to have employment guaranteed or to return his or her home country immediately after graduating the university, but he or she is expected to have strong will of working inhis or herhome country in the future.
- The student must have a deep understanding of international friendship and goodwill, andmust be able to attend the events organized by the foundation and take part in the network as an alumni member.
- The student must be able to carry an everyday conversation in Japanese. Interviews will be conducted in Japanese.
Students from all nations except Japan are welcome to apply.
Detail instruction of application process can be seen at the website link below.
31 October 2017.