Applications for Hubble Fellowship are now invited. Both the U.S and international scholars are invited to apply. Fellows are expected to do independent research at United States Host Institutions chosen by each Fellow. This year, the Hubble Fellowship provides 24 fellowships for up to three years. To apply, entries must be submitted no later than 2 November 2017.
The 2018 Hubble Fellowships for Postdoctoral Scientists provides an opportunity for highly qualified recent postdoctoral scientists to conduct independent research that is broadly related to the NASA Cosmic Origins scientific goals as addressed by any of the missions in that program: the Hubble Space Telescope, Spitzer Space Telescope, Stratospheric Observatory for Infrared Astronomy (SOFIA), the Herschel Space Observatory, and the James Webb Space Telescope.
The initial annual stipend for a NHFP Fellow is comparable to that of other prize fellowships and is subject to annual review and adjustment. In addition, the NHFP Fellow will receive support for health insurance, relocation costs, travel, computing services, publications, and other direct research costs.
Level and Area of Studies
Research program in the subject that broadly related to the NASA Cosmic Origins scientific goals as addressed by any of the missions in that program: the Hubble Space Telescope, Spitzer Space Telescope, Stratospheric Observatory for Infrared Astronomy (SOFIA), the Herschel Space Observatory, and the James Webb Space Telescope.
Place of Study
In the United States of America.
Eligibility and Criteria
In order to qualify for this Hubble Fellowship, candidates must satisfy the given criteria as follow:
- Applicants must have received a Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral-level research degree in astronomy, physics, or a related discipline on or after January 1, 2014.
- Graduate-student awardees who have not yet received their doctoral degree at the time of application must present evidence of having completed all requirements for the degree- before commencing their Fellowships.
- Hubble Fellowships are open to citizens of the United States and to English-speaking citizens of other countries.
- Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, creed, color, age, gender, or national origin. Women and members of minority groups are strongly encouraged to apply
There is no nationality restriction.
Application packet must be consisting the materials as follow:
- A completed Hubble Fellowship Application form
- A curriculum vitae
- A list of publications
- A summary of previous and current research (limited to three pages total, including references)
- A copy of the research proposal, described below (limited to 3 pages text plus 2 pages references/figures)
2 November 2017.