Applications for the Ibrahim Leadership Fellowship are now invited. This is open to any professionals from African countries. The leadership fellowship allows the candidates to work at the headquarters of the Bank in Abidjan, the Republic of Côte d’Ivoire, or any other location for maximum one year. This will provide the individuals with a leadership capability. The winning fellows will receive a fully funded award which is granted in the form of monthly stipend. To apply, entries must be submitted by 15 October 2017.
The Mo Ibrahim Foundation (the “Foundation”), is financing the 2016 MO Ibrahim Foundation Leadership Fellowship position in the Bank. The Fellow will perform the functions and duties of the position at the headquarters of the Bank in Abidjan, the Republic of Côte d’Ivoire, or any other location from which the Bank carries out its operations. The Ibrahim Leadership Fellowship Programme is a selective Fellowship that prepares the next generation of outstanding African leaders by providing them with unique work opportunities at the most senior level of prominent African institutions or multilateral organizations, whose mandate is to improve the economic and social prospects of Africa.
Value and Tenure
The winning candidates will be granted a monthly stipend covering all of the related expenses for maximum 12 months.
Level and Area of Studies
This is a non-degree program in the area that will be to the governance and development of his or her countries.
Place of Study
At the headquarters of the Bank in Abidjan, the Republic of Côte d’Ivoire, or any other location from which the Bank carries out its operations.
Eligibility and Criteria
All applicants of this Ibrahim Leadership Fellowship are required to satisfy the given criteria as follow:
- be national of an African country, residing anywhere in the world;
- should not be an active, non-active, retired, or separated staff member of the Bank;
- not have close family relations with an active or non-active staff member, such as mother, father, sister and brother;
- Government officials, active military personnel and political party leaders are not eligible;
- Under the age of Forty (40) years or Forty-Five (45) years for women with children;
- hold a minimum of a Master’s Degree in Economics, Engineering, Social Sciences, International Development, Business Administration, Finance, Banking or any discipline relevant to the Bank’s business: such as outstanding academic credentials, relevant work experience, strong communication skills, demonstrated leadership skills and ability to work with others ;
- have at least 7 years work experience relevant to the Bank’s activities;
- demonstrate proven leadership and consultative skills;
- have experience in strategic planning and execution;
- demonstrate knowledge of contracting, negotiating, and change management;
- have enhanced skills in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures;
- have experience in formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures;
- demonstrate ability to develop financial plans and manage resources;
- demonstrate ability to analyze and interpret financial data;
- top notch professional with private sector experience;
- strong writing and analytical skills;
- demonstrate ability to communicate and interact with officials at all levels of government and to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community;
- demonstrate ability to motivate teams and simultaneously manage several projects.
Only the citizens of African countries are invited to apply.
Application must be submitted online. Please learn the detail procedure at the website and application link below.
15 October 2017.
Website and Application Link