The Italian Government is pleased to offer a number of Italian Government Scholarships for 2017/18 academic session. Both foreign citizens and Italian citizens resident abroad (IRE) are welcome to apply. He or she must meet education and language qualification as well as the age limit of each program. The winning students may expect to receive award that cover tuition fee and health insurance. The closing date of application is 10 May 2017.
The Italian Government awards scholarships for studying in Italy both to foreign citizens and Italian citizens resident abroad (IRE). The scholarships are offered for the following type of courses: Undergraduate University courses (renewals only); Postgraduate University courses; Master’s Degree courses (Levels I or II); Ph.D. Courses; Specialisation Schools; Research under academic supervision; Courses of Higher Education in Art, Music and Dance (AFAM); Advanced Courses on Italian language and culture Courses for Teachers of Italian as second language.
- Normally, the scholarship holders are exempt from the payment of the university tuition fees, in accordance with existing regulations. However the Universities, as part of their autonomy, may not allow such exemption. Candidates are therefore recommended to contact the chosen Institution in order to be informed on eventual taxes or tuition fees.
- For the sole period of the scholarships granted by the Italian Government, the scholarship-holders are covered by an insurance policy against illness and/or accident. Air tickets are not granted, except for Chilean citizens.
Level and Area of Studies
Bachelor, master and PhD degree in all subjects.
Place of Study
The study will be taken in Italy.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Educational qualification required by the chosen institution (See Section III of the call for applications)
- Knowledge of Italian Language: candidates must possess a certificate of intermediate level in Italian (e.g. CILS B2, CELI 3, PLIDA B2 or INT.IT Roma Tre) or equivalent linguistic proficiency issued by a local organization or language school (e.g. Italian Cultural Institute, Dante Alighieri Society branch etc.). Applicants for enrolment in Advanced Courses on Italian language and culture must have at least an A2 level proficiency in Italian. Italian language knowledge is not required for applicants who enroll for university courses held entirely in English.
- Age limits: candidates who are younger than 18 y. o. (born not after 10 May 1999) or older than 35 y. o. (born not before 15 April 1981) on the day of the deadline for the submission of the applications, are not eligible. Candidates for Courses for teachers of Italian as second language (see above, section III, letter I) are eligible until they are 45 y. o. (born not before 19 May 1972) on the day of the deadline for the submission of the applications.
- Restrictions : Students enrolled in a year exceeding the legal duration of the course of study (the so-called “fuori corso”) are not eligible for scholarships.
International students are welcome to apply. Please see the eligible nationalities at this link.
All candidates are advised to learn the detail instruction of application procedure at the link below.
10 May 2017.