Applicants are annually invited to apply the James Macintosh Scholarship. To be eligible, the candidates should be planning to undertaking a Bachelor’s degree programme at Victoria University of Wellington. Each year, up to two awards available. Each of those valued maximum $5,000. The application deadline is 1 October on annual basis.
The James Macintosh Scholarships was established through an endowment from the estate of James Macintosh. Each Scholarship is awarded to a student intending to enroll in a Bachelor’s degree programme at Victoria University of Wellington. The student should apply for, and be considered eligible for, a Victoria Achiever Scholarship or an equivalent hardship scholarship in the year before commencing study.
Value and Tenure
Each of the successful applicants will receive up to $5,000 which is tenable for one year.
Level and Area of Studies
Bachelor degree in all subjects.
Place of Study
At Victoria the University of Wellington, New Zealand.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Must be New Zealand citizens or permanent residents
- Should apply for and be considered eligible for a Victoria Achiever Scholarship
- Must provide evidence of financial hardship
- Would not be able to pursue academic studies without the financial assistance.
- Must undertake to use the education acquired by them as the result of the award of this scholarship for the well-being of their community as far they can.
This scholarship only available for New Zealand students.
There is no application form for this scholarship. Applicants will have to apply for the Victoria Achiever Scholarship to be considered for the James Macintosh Scholarship.
1 October each year.