Japanese Government is offering a number of master scholarships for any student from Nationals of Bank Member Countries. These scholarships will support students pursuing Master’s Degree Program in Infrastructure Management at Yokohama National University (YNU). Up to ten awards will be given away. The closing date of application is March 9, 2018.
This scholarship will support students undertaking Master’s Degree Program in Infrastructure Management (IMP). Those are funded by Japanese Government and administered by the World Bank. The YNU program, which is specifically designed to meet the needs of students from developing countries under a scholarship program funded by the World Bank, offers lectures and laboratory work in the fields of engineering, economics, management and law.
Level and Area of Studies
Master deree in the field of Infrastructure Management (IMP).
Place of Study
At Yokohama National University (YNU)
Eligibility and Criteria
- Be a national of a Bank member country that is eligible to receive Bank financing and not be a national of any country that is not eligible to receive the Bank financing;
- Be in good health with respect to the capacity to be a productive scholar for the duration of the Graduate Program, as certified by a medical doctor;
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent with superior academic achievement earned more than three (3) years before the Scholarship Application Deadline;
- Not have received any scholarship funding to earn a Graduate degree or its equivalent from any other sources funded by the Government of Japan;
- Be employed in a paid and fulltime position at the time of the Scholarship Application Deadline unless the applicant is from a country identified in the World Bank’s “Harmonized List of Fragile Situations”;
- Have, by the time of the Scholarship Application Deadline, at least three (3) years of recent fulltime paid professional experience acquired in development-related work after a Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent in the applicant’s home country or in another developing country; If the applicant is from a country in “Harmonized List of Fragile Situations” at the time of the Scholarship Application Deadline, the recent professional experience does not have to be fulltime or paid; and
- Be under the age of forty-five (45) at the time of the Scholarship Application Deadline.
- Because the entire program is carried out in English, applicants must provide evidence of a satisfactory level of English competence, either by enclosing the result of the official English proficiency examination or by proving that they have completed a university program conducted mainly in English. For English Proficiency Test Scores, only Original Official Certification issued by the Implementing Test Organs will be accepted instead of Photocopies and it must include your photograph.
- Letters of reference or recommendation from two different people must be provided to support the application. One of these must be from a person who has supervised the applicant in a work situation and the other from a professor at the university from which the applicant graduated.
- It is preferred that successful candidates arrange for a leave of absence from their employer for the two-year period during which they are to participate in the program. This leave should assure their re-employment after completion of the program.
Students from National Bank member countries are welcome to apply.
When applying, applicants must submit the following documents to the Infrastructure Management Program Office, Graduate School of Urban Innovation:
- Signed checklist with completed return address labels, showing applicant’s current mailing address;
- Completed application form;
- Official transcripts showing the applicant’s academic performance in his or her undergraduate program;
- Certification of Graduation or and Copies of Diploma which should be including the title of Bachelor;
- Names and contact information of the recommenders;
- Evidence of a satisfactory level of English competence; and
- Research Plan
March 9, 2018.