Applications for the Judge John R. Brown Award are currently being invited. This call is targeted to those attending law school in the United States of America. There are $25,000 in total will be awarded to the winning applicants. To apply, candidates are required to submit a legal writing no later than August 18, 2017.
The Judge John R. Brown Scholarship Foundation is pleased to announce the (24th) twenty-fourth annual Brown Award.Any law student currently enrolled in an accredited law school in the United States seeking a J.D. or LL.B degree is eligible to submit a paper for the Award.The Award is in recognition of Excellence in Legal Writing in American Law Schools.
- 10,000 First Place
- $5,000 Second Place
- $3,000 Third Place
- $1,000 Finalist
- $5,000 to the Scholarship Fund selected by the Dean of the law school in which the First Place candidate is enrolled.
Level and Area of Studies
College or university level in law subjects.
Place of Studies
In the United States of America.
Eligibility and Criteria
The award is open to all law student currently enrolled in an accredited law school in the United States seeking a J.D. or LL.B degree.
The United States citizens are welcome to apply.
- To apply this Judge John R. Brown Award, candidate must submit an article (two copies of a current legal writing) to the Foundation.
- The article must be accompanied by a letter of recommendation from a law school faculty member or legal professional other than the author of the paper.
- Only one paper may be submitted on behalf of any student and only one paper may be sponsored by any faculty member or legal professional.
- The submission must contain a separate sheet containing the title of the paper; the name, physical address, telephone number, and email address of the student; and the name, title, physical address, and email address of the student’s sponsor.
- There is no page limitation or restriction on the topic except that the writing must be on a legal subject.
August 18, 2017.