Applications for the Swinburne Judith Kinnear Student Travel Scholarship are being accepted. Only those who are enrolled full-time in a postgraduate degree (by research) in the Faculty of Science, Engineering and Technology of Swinburne University are invited to apply. The scholarship is amounting up to $5,000. The closing date of application is 16 April 2018.
Judith Kinnear is a former student of Swinburne who has also been the Vice-Chancellor at Massey University in New Zealand. This scholarship is designed to be used by a student enrolled in a postgraduate degree, either a Masters (by research) or PhD in the Faculty of Science, Engineering and Technology for travel to attend a conference, visit colleagues at a research institute, meet potential business or research collaborators, or similar.
This scholarship is valued at $5,000. The scholarship payment will be made as a reimbursement when original receipts are presented and submitted to the University, for example conference registration, flight and/or accommodation bookings.
Level and Area of Studies
Postgraduate degree in any field available in the Faculty of Science, Engineering and Technology.
Place of Study
At Swinburne University, Australia
Eligibility and Criteria
- Be enrolled full-time in a postgraduate degree (by research) in the Faculty of Science, Engineering and Technology
- Demonstrate how the attendance at a ‘significant career-impacting international event’ will be of professional benefit to them and impact on their career
- Demonstrate that they have limited or no access to University or external funding for their travel plans/visit and that without the appropriate funding, will not be able to undertake the travel
- Provide an estimated breakdown of costs required (i.e. conference registration, flight and/or accommodation costs, etc.)
- Funding must be used in the year the Scholarship is awarded.
Both domestic and overseas students are welcome to apply.
Please further instruction of the application procedure at the link below.
16 April 2018.