The applications for The L’Oréal US For Women in Science are now accepted. This fellowship open to U.S or permanent resident of USA who wish to do any postdoctoral research within the USA. The selected fellows will receive maximum $60,000. To apply, the completed application form must be submitted no later than 3 February 2017.
The L’Oréal US For Women in Science fellowship program annually recognizes and rewards five U.S.-based women researchers for their outstanding contributions in science, technology, engineering and math fields. The applicants will be selected based on his or her academic records and intellectual merit, clearly articulated research proposals with the potential for scientific advancement and outstanding letters of recommendation from advisers.
The fellowship recipients will receive up to $60,000 each for their postdoctoral research.
Level and Area of Studies
Research program in the field of life and physical/material sciences, engineering & technology, computer science and/or mathematics.
Place of Study
The research can be taken in the United States of America
Eligibility and Criteria
All of the candidates are expected to meet all of the requirements as follow:
- Must have a conferred PhD and have started in a postdoctoral research position.
- Must maintain the status of postdoctoral researcher throughout the fellowship year
- Must be American born, naturalized citizen or permanent resident
- Must be affiliated with a U.S. based academic or research institution
- Must plan to conduct their postdoctoral studies and research in the U.S.
- Must be involved in basic research in one of field above.
- Must commit to at least twenty hours of activity in support of women and girls in science (e.g. mentoring, classroom visits, media, events)
U.S scholars are welcome to apply.
The application form of 2017 L’Oréal USA for Women in Science Program can be seen at the application link below.
3 February 2017