The applications for Manos de Esperanza Scholarship are now accepted. This scholarship is exclusively targeted to Californian students who actively involved in local community services. The successful applicants will receive award ranging from $500 to $1000. The completed application form must be submitted no later than 30 June on annual basis.
Manos de Esperanza grants annual scholarships of $500 to $1000 to students who have a history of performing public service activities in their local community and who plan on contributing in the future. Students who demonstrate excellent leadership skills and commitment to their community are highly encouraged to apply.
The winners of this Manos de Esperanza Scholarship may expect to receive up to $1,000.
Level and Area of Studies
Undergraduate level in all subjects.
Place of Study
At an accredited Californian college or college in one of the following counties: Alameda-Contra Costa- Fresno-Marin-Monterey-Napa-Sacramento- San Francisco-San Mateo-Santa Clara-Santa Cruz-Solano-Sonoma-Tulare-Yolo.
Eligibility and Criteria
To be eligible, the applicants are expected to meet the criteria as follow:
- Demonstrate community service
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 on undergraduate college course work.
(Must have completed a minimum of 12 college units, after high school graduation.)
- Be enrolled full-time and for the following academic year in an accredited college, university, or community college in one of the following California counties: Alameda-Contra Costa- Fresno-Marin-Monterey-Napa-Sacramento- San Francisco-San Mateo-Santa Clara-Santa Cruz-Solano-Sonoma-Tulare-Yolo
- Participate in an interview with the scholarship committee.
- Commit to attend our annual benefit event held in early December.
- Demonstrate financial need (Guardian and student’s most recent tax returns must be included)
U.S students are welcome to apply.
To apply, the eligible applicants are required to provide the documents as follow:
- Completed Application
- College Transcripts (official preferred)
- Response to Essay Question
- Resume- Listing the following: employment, community service.
- Copy of parent’s most recent income tax returns
- Copy of student’s most recent income tax returns
30 June each year.
Please direct your relevant enquiries to [email protected]