The Marine Biological Laboratory (MBL) is delighted to invite applications for the MBL Logan Science Journalism Fellowship Program. The fellowship is open to international professional science journalists, writers, editors, or producers who want to undetaking research and education program in the field of biological and environmental science. The application deadline is 31 December 2017.
The Logan Science Journalism Program at the MBL, founded in 1986, offers professional science journalists, writers, editors, and broadcast journalists a chance to forget about story deadlines and immerse themselves in the process of basic biomedical and environmental research. Room, board, lab fees, U.S. travel or partial foreign travel are covered for accepted fellows.
Financial support for fellows includes the cost of the laboratory course (including additional weeks spent in Woods Hole or Chicago), tuition, housing, meals, and transportation to and from Woods Hole and/or Chicago. Fellows from other countries will be partly responsible for paying fellowships taxes for foreign nationals.
Level and Area of Studies
Research and education program in the field of biological and environmental science.
Place of Study
In the United States of America.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Applicants must be professional science journalists, writers, editors, or producers with at least three years experience. Preference will be given to print, online or broadcast journalists with staff positions, although freelancers will be considered.
- Staff seniority is not a criterion. A basic knowledge of biological principles and methods is advantageous but is not essential.
- Journalists who previously participated in the Biomedical Hands-On Research Course are eligible to apply for the Environmental Hands-On Research Course.
- Journalists who previously participated in the Environmental Hands-On Research Course are eligible to apply for the Biomedical Hands-On Research Course.
- Applications from minority group members are strongly encouraged.
There is no nationality restriction.
Please apply this scholarship through the link below.
The application deadline is March 1, 2018. Application materials to be posted by December. 31, 2017.