Entries for the “Pet Lifestyle and You” P.L.A.Y. Scholarship are now being accepted. The qualified candidates must be the U.S students who are enrolled as full-time high school juniors or seniors. Three types of the prize will be given to the winners . To apply, applicants are required to write an essay on the question below. The essay and other supporting documents must be handed by February 15, 2017.
P.L.A.Y. (Pet Lifestyle and You) knows there are plenty of young minds out there that are equally passionate about helping animals in need. In an effort to encourage them and promote this cause, P.L.A.Y. is pleased to announce their fourth annual scholarship to a graduating high school senior (2016-2017) who best exemplifies our core beliefs. P.L.A.Y. will select the winner based on the best essay as determined by our internal panel of judges.
The winning students will receive prizes as follow:
- 1st Prize – One Scholarship valued at $1,000
- 2nd Prize – One set of Warm Bellies Special Edition Chill Pads (10 beds) to be donated to an animal shelter of your choice
- 3rd Prize – One Garden Fresh plush toy set (5 toys) to be donated to the animal shelter of your choice
Level and Area of Studies
High school juniors or seniors level in any subject.
Place of Study
In the United States of America.
Eligibility and Criteria
- The contest is open to U.S. residents.
- No purchase necessary.
- All participants must be enrolled as full-time high school juniors or seniors.
- Entries are limited to one submission per person.
- Immediate family members of P.L.A.Y. employees are excluded from this contest
Only the U.S citizens are invited to apply.
To apply, students will submit an essay with 2-3 photos of their volunteer efforts to help animals in need and how that involvement has changed their lives or shaped their perceptions on the importance of animal welfare.
- The essay should be between 500-1000 words.
- Send a Word doc attachment to
[email protected] with your essay submission.
- The file name should be your full name, state, and date of birth. For example, Chipper-Jones-GA-4-24-1972
- 2-3 photos of your volunteer efforts to help animals in need
- In the body of your email, include student’s full name, date of birth, email address, postal address, high school they are currently enrolled in, and a phone number to contact.
February 15, 2017.