The Paul D. Coverdell Peace Corps Fellowship is now open. The scholarship is intended to students enrolled bachelor or master program at the Nell Hodgson Woodruff School of Nursing. The winning candidates will receive up to $12,000 for four semesters.
Emory Nursing faculty and Nell Hodgson Woodruff School of Nursing are pleased to offer the Paul D. Coverdell Peace Corps Fellowship. The fellowship provides opportunity for those who have satisfactorily completed their Peace Corps Service.
Each of the winning fellows may expect to receive the benefit as follow:
- Financial Assistance: Fellows selected for the program will receive $3,000 per semester for up to four semesters
- Professional Experience: Internships in underserved communities are an integral part of each fellow’s degree.
- Helping Others: Emory Coverdell Fellows will participate in service learning within Atlanta-based community organizations that cater to a variety of vulnerable populations such as homeless people, low income populations, refugee populations, the elderly, veterans and handicapped children.
- Furthering the Peace Corps Mission: By sharing their Peace Corps experience and global perspective with the communities they serve here in the United States, returned volunteers are supporting the Peace Corps’ Third Goal commitment to strengthen Americans’ understanding of the world and its people.
Level and Area of Studies
Master and undergraduate degree in nursing studies.
Place of Study
In the United States of America.
Eligibility and Criteria
All applicants of this Paul D. Coverdell Peace Corps Fellowship are required to satisfy the given criteria as follow:
- Have satisfactorily completed their Peace Corps Service Meet the admission requirements of Emory University and the Nell Hodgson Woodruff School of Nursing
- Be admitted to or Enrolled as a full-time student at the Nell Hodgson Woodruff School of Nursing and in a program granting a Bachelor’s of Science in Nursing (BSN) or Master’s of Science in Nursing (MSN) Maintain full-time student status Fellows will be expected to actively participate in community of scholarship and service.
The U.S students are welcome to apply.
The application form can be downloaded at the website and application link below.
You may anticipate the deadline in December each year.