The Research Institute of Korean Studies (RIKS) at Korea University is currently accepting applications for the Pony Chung Fellowships. Those fellowship awards are open to non – Korean nationality who have received their PhD in the field of Korean Studies within 5 years. No application will be accepted after June 30, 2017.
Each of the successful candidates will receive benefit as follow:
- Pony Chung Research Funding: Up to KRW 50,000,000 (USD 44,000)/year -tax and air fare included
- Publication Funding: KRW 10,000,000 (?USD 8,800) -paid after it is published
- Appointed as a research professor by the president of Korea University
- Shared office space will be provided at the Research Institute of Korean Studies (RIKS)
- Assistance in making arrangements to live in Korea University dormitory
Level and Area of Studies
Research program in Korean Studies.
Place of Study
The research will be taken in South Korea.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Researchers of non-Korean nationality who have received their PhD in the field of Korean Studies
- The sphere of Korean Studies includes humanities and social sciences, as well comparative international research with a focus on Korean Studies
- Korean citizens who hold dual citizenship are eligible to apply
- Scholars of South Korean nationality are encouraged to apply to the ‘Pony Chung Scholarship Grant’
- Applicants must have received their doctoral degree within 5 years of the start of funding (Some exceptions may apply)
- Applicants who have concrete plans to publish their research findings through a foreign university press within 3 years of the start of funding are given precedence
International students are welcome to apply.
Please click the link below to see further instruction of application procedure.
June 30, 2017.