Each year, The Harvard Club of Australia and The Australian National University invite applications for the R.G. Menzies Scholarship to Harvard. Only Australian students are invited to apply. They must have been admitted to a Harvard graduate school. Winner will be granted USD$60,000. The application deadline is 9 February 2018.
The R.G. Menzies Scholarship to Harvard is awarded in partnership with The Harvard Club of Australia and The Australian National University, the scholarship is administered by the ANU for postgraduate study in the United States. The Scholarship is awarded annually to at least one talented Australian who has gained admission to a Harvard graduate school. The ideal candidates for the Scholarship are Australians whose primary objective, after completing their studies at Harvard, is to make a significant contribution to this country’s development.
The scholarship is valued at up to USD$60,000 paid as a one-off payment at the commencement of the Harvard academic year. No other benefits are payable.
Level and Area of Studies
Graduate level in all subjects.
Place of Study
At Harvard University in the United States.
Eligibility and Criteria
To be considered for a Menzies Scholarship, you must be an Honours graduate (or equivalent) of an Australian university or other recognised Australian tertiary institution and:
- be an Australian citizen, or have permanent resident status, and normally reside in Australia;
- intend to return to Australia after completing your studies or to directly represent Australia overseas;
- have not commenced or previously undertaken a postgraduate degree course at a United States university; and
- must not have accepted another major scholarship (such as a Knox, Fulbright or Monash Award).
- You must also have applied to the Harvard graduate school of your choice, and either been accepted or be confident about meeting its admission requirements and deadlines.
Only Australian residents or permanent residents are invited to apply.
If you require the application form in an alternative format, please contact: [email protected]
Friday 9 February 2018