Applications are now invited for the Rome Prize Fellowship. Eligible candidates should the United States’ citizens or foreign nationals living in U.S in last three years. Varied value of stipend will be granted to each fellows depending on their fellowship type. To apply, entries must be received by 1 November on annual basis.
The American Academy in Rome is pleased to announce the Rome Prize fellowship. The fellowship is available for U.S. students. Rome Prize is awarded thirty emerging artists and scholars who represent the highest standard of excellence and who are in the early or middle stages of their working lives.
Value and Tenure
Winners of 6-month and 11-month fellowships receive stipends of $16,000 and winner of 2 year fellowships will receive $28,000 amount.
Level and Area of Studies
Non-degree program in any subject.
Place of Study
In the United States of America.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Applicants for all Rome Prize fellowships, except those applying for the National Endowment for the Humanities post-doctoral fellowship, must be United States citizens at the time of the application.
- US citizens, and those foreign nationals who have lived in the United States for three years immediately preceding the application deadline, may apply for the NEH post-doctoral fellowship.
- Graduate students in the humanities may apply only for pre-doctoral fellowships only if they are ABD.
- Previous winners of the Rome Prize are not eligible to re-apply.
- Undergraduate students are not eligible for Rome Prize fellowship.
U.S and foreign nationals are welcome to apply.
Detail instruction of the application procedure can be seen at the website and application link below.
1 November each year.