Applications for the Ritary Peace Fellowships are now being invited. Students from all nationals are invited to apply. He or she will be undertaking master degree or certificate program in peace and conflict resolution and prevention at one of the participating universities listed below. Rotary, the fellowship sponsor, provides a number of fully-funded awards for the winning fellows. The application deadline is 31 May each year.
Each year, Rotary selects up to 100 individuals from around the world to receive fully funded academic Rotary Peace Fellowships to pursue a Certificate Program or Masters Degree program related to peace and conflict resolution and prevention at one of the participating peace centers as follow:
- Duke University and University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, USA
- International Christian University, Japan
- University of Bradford, England
- University of Queensland, Australia
- Uppsala University, Sweden
- Chulalongkorn University, Thailand (certificate program)
The fellowships cover tuition and fees, room and board, round-trip transportation, and all internship and field-study expenses.
Level and Area of Studies
Certificate or Masters Degree Programme in fields related to peace and conflict resolution and prevention.
Place of Study
The study will be taken in U.S., Japan, UK., Australia, Sweden and Thailand.
Eligibility and Criteria
The Rotary Peace Fellowships are designed for professionals with work experience in international relations or peace and conflict prevention and resolution. Applicants must also meet the following requirements:
- Proficiency in English; proficiency in a second language is strongly recommended
- Strong commitment to international understanding and peace as demonstrated through professional and academic achievements and personal or community service
- Excellent leadership skills
- Master’s degree applicants: minimum three years of related full-time work or volunteer experience, bachelor’s degree
- Certificate applicants: minimum five years of related full-time work or volunteer experience, strong academic background
There is no nationality restriction.
Please visit the website link below to apply this Rotary Peace Fellowships.
The deadline for candidates to submit applications to their respective Rotary district is 31 May. Districts must submit endorsed applications to The Rotary Foundation by 1 July .