Each year, the Rubber Division offers a number of undergraduate scholarship for college students who are living in USA, Canada, Mexico, Brazil or India. Eligible candidates should be those studying one of the majors listed below. The winning students will receive up to $5,000. Please anticipate the deadline 1 March each year.
The Rubber Division, ACS is offering undergraduate scholarship to students entering their junior or senior year for the fall-spring academic year. Scholarship award serves to honor the dedication to education and Rubber Division, ACS that Russ showed during his nearly 50 years in the rubber industry.
Each winner receives up to $5,000 to put towards educational expenses and is named a Rubber Division, ACS Scholar.
Level and Area of Studies
Undergraduate degree in Chemistry, Physics, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Polymer Science or any other technical discipline of relevance to the rubber industry.
Place of Study
The study can be taken in USA, Canada, Mexico, Brazil or India.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Scholarship applicants must be enrolled in a fully accredited university or college in a country where Rubber Division, ACS has a resident subdivision or partner organization – currently USA, Canada, Mexico, Brazil or India.
- Applicants may have a major area of study in Chemistry, Physics, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Polymer Science or any other technical discipline of relevance to therubber industry.
- The scholarship winners will have a serious interest in full-time professional employment in the rubber industry upon graduation and shall show promise of a productive future as a technically trained professional, incoming college juniors and seniors with a “B” or better academic average for all of their undergraduate work and a minimum of three (3) semesters or six (6) terms completed
The citizens of USA, Canada, Mexico, Brazil or India may apply this scholarship.
The application package must be consisting the materials as follow:
- Two (2) or more nomination letters written on company/university letterhead and signed by the professor/nominator
- Your official transcripts from all schools attended should be mailed by your school registrar via regular mail
1 March each year.