Entries for the Saint John’s Pottery Environmental Artist Fellowship are now being accepted. This program is available for the citizens of Minnesota and New York City. They will be spending up to six weeks in Cassis, France. Two winners will be selected to receive the fully-funded award. The application deadline is August 31, 2016.
The Saint John’s Pottery and Saint John’s University, in partnership with the Jerome Foundation and the Camargo Foundation, invite applications for a six-week emerging artist residency in Cassis, France. The fellowship is open for residencies for Minnesota and New York, who are visual artists of all disciplines.
Two grantees will receive airfare to and from Cassis, housing accommodations at the Camargo Foundation, and an award of $3,000. The award can be used to cover costs such as food and supplies.
Level and Area of Studies
Non-degree program in art-related field.
Place of Study
The program will be taken in France.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Applicants must be residents of Minnesota or the five boroughs of New York City and have lived there for at least one year before the application date
- Visual artists of all disciplines (sculpture, photography, painting, etc.) who seek to work at the intersection of art and the environment are encouraged to apply
- Artists who utilize a combination of visual art and non-visual creative practices (performing arts, dance, music, etc.) will also be considered
- Although age is not a factor in determining an emerging artist, students in K-12 educational programs or enrolled in undergraduate or graduate degree programs at the time of application are not eligible to apply.
- Knowledge of French is beneficial but not required
The U.S. citizens are invited to apply.
The application package must be consisting the materials as follow:
- Complete application form (mandatory fields) including a proposal narrative describing the proposed project or possible areas of inquiry. Applicants must specify how their experience and creative practice relates to the environmental art focus of the residency and the region of Cassis
- An artist CV including exhibition history (maximum three pages in length)
- Up to ten samples of previous artworks
August 31, 2016.