Henry & Sara Sheehan foundation is pleased to invite applications for the Sara Scholarship Program. This annual scholarship is targeted to female students who will be attending college or university in the United States. They must be actively involving in the sport of golf. This year, at least 11 awards will be given away. The closing date of application is May 1, 2017.
The Sara Scholarship program is funded annually through the Henry & Sara Sheehan foundation. The Sara Scholarship was established in 2012 as part of the final will of Sara Sheehan. The program is available to female high school seniors who plan to pursue a college degree and who demonstrate academic achievement, the excellence of character, financial need and active engagement with the sport of golf.
The minimum of eleven $2000 scholarships each, will be awarded in 2017.
Level and Area of Studies
College or university level in any field.
Place of Study
In the United States of America.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Be female
- Be high school seniors with the intention to graduate at the end of the school year
- Meet entrance requirements and plan to enroll at an accredited college or university in the United States
- Have a cumulative minimum unweighted GPA (grade point average) of 3.2 on a 4.0 scale
- Demonstrate financial need
- Demonstrate excellent character and active involvement with the sport of golf. Skill in playing golf is not a criterion
- Examples include playing golf as a hobby or as part of a team, working at a golf course, as a caddy or in a pro shop, and any other direct, active engagement with the sport
The United States citizens may apply this scholarship.
Please download and complete the application form at the link below.
1 May 2017.