Entries for the SECU Scholarship Program are now being accepted. Those scholarship is exclusively open the U.S. citizens and North Carolina residents. They must be enrolled in a short-term training program. Up to ten awards will be given. The closing date of application is 26 September 2016 and 1 February 2017.
The Financial Aid Office at Guilford Technical Community College is now accepting applications for the 2016-2017 State Employees’ Credit Union (SECU) Foundation Continuing Education Scholarship. The scholarship program helps to remove financial barriers for students seeking to gain new or upgrade current job-related skills. Ten scholarships will be awarded to the winning students. The scholarships can be used to pay for educational expenses such as registration fees, books, certification fees and course supplies.
Ten scholarships worth $750 each will be awarded to students enrolled in Continuing Education training at GTCC during the 2016-2017 academic year.
Level and Area of Studies
Non-degree program in any field of studies.
Place of Study
In the United States of America.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Be a U.S. citizen and a North Carolina resident
- Be in one of the following target groups: unemployment insurance claimants, unemployed & underemployed adults, members of the N.C. National Guard, or military veterans and spouses. Note: Underemployed will be defined as individuals earning 200 percent below the federal poverty level. Preference will be given to students with limited or no access to financial aid from other programs
- Be enrolled in a short-term training program (96 hours or more) that leads to a state-regulated or industry-recognized credential that is offered through Continuing Education
Only the U.S..citizens are invited to apply.
Please download and complete the application form at the link below.
- Completed applications for the fall 2016 term scholarships will be due no later than September 26, 2016. Scholarship recipients will be announced on November 1, 2016.
- Completed applications for the spring 2017 term scholarships will be due no later than February 1, 2017. Scholarship recipients will be announced on March 20, 2017.