Each year, the SERB-National Post Doctoral Fellowship is offered to Indian students who have educational background in Science and Engineering. Fellows are expected to do relevant research in any institution in India. The research award value is vary as listed below.
Please see other awesome Indian Scholarships
The SERB-National Post Doctoral Fellowship ( N-PDF) is aimed to identify motivated young researchers and provide them support for doing research in frontier areas of science and engineering. The fellows will work under a mentor, and it is hoped that this training will provide them a platform to develop as an independent researcher.
- Fellowship Rs. 55,000/- per month (consolidated) and Rs. 35,000/ p.m for candidates who have submitted the thesis but degree not awarded
- Research Grant Rs. 2,00,000/- per annum
- Overheads Rs. 1,00,000/- per annum
Level and Area of Studies
Research program in the field of Science and Engineering.
Place of Study
The research will be taken in India.
Eligibility and Criteria
All candidates are required to satisfy the given criteria as follow:
- The applicant should hold Ph.D. degree in Science or Engineering or M.D or M.S degree in any area of medicine.
- The applicant must have obtained Ph.D/M.D/M.S degree from a recognized University, not before two years from the date of application. Those who have submitted their PhD/M.D/M.S thesis and are awaiting award of the degree are also eligible to apply. However, such candidates, if selected, will be offered lower fellowship amount till they are awarded the eligible degree.
- The upper age limit for the fellowship is 35 years at the time of the submission of application. Age relaxation of 5 (five) years will be given to candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC/Physically Challenged & Women candidates.
Only Indian citizens are invited to apply.
Please see the detail at the website and application link below.
Please anticipate the deadline at the end of March and the end of October each year.