Applicants are now invited to apply the Student Academy Awards (SAA). This award is specially available for film makers who are currently pursuing degree program in a well-known school. Three types of awards will be given; gold, silver and bronze. The value of those is $5000, $3000 and $2000, respectively. The application deadline is 1 June 2017.
The Student Academy Awards (SAA) recognizes and honors student filmmakers who demonstrate excellence in the creation of motion pictures. By awarding these outstanding achievements, the Academy strives to support and inspire emerging filmmakers and to foster growth and education in the art and science of motion pictures.
Three types awards will be granted as follow: Gold, Silver, and Bronze Medal Awards (which include cash grants of $5000, $3000 and $2000, respectively, and a trip to Los Angeles for SAA Week) may also be given.
Level and Area of Studies
Degree level in film-related studies.
Place of Study
In the United States of America.
Eligibility and Criteria
To be eligible, all applicants are expected to meet the following criteria:
- Should be a filmmaker enrolled as a full-time student in a degree-granting program.
- Must have been made in a teacher-student relationship within the curricular structure of the teaching institution.
- Must be submitted no later than one year from the date of graduation and include the student’s faculty adviser’s endorsement.
- Must be motion picture works that have been completed and submitted between June 2, 2016 and June 1, 2017 (Eligibility Period
- Entry content may not be altered once submitted for Student Academy Award consideration. (Do not submit work in progress.)
- Entries must be submitted online through the designated SAA submission portal on or before close of business on the last day of the above defined Eligibility Period.
- Advertising films, promotional films, and films made as works for hire are not eligible.
- Entries submitted for the Academy Awards competition (regardless of the outcome) are not eligible for entry into any subsequent SAA competition.
- No entry may be longer than 40 minutes including opening and closing credits.
- All entries submitted must be in English, subtitled in English, or dubbed in English.
The U.S students are welcome to apply.
Please click the application link below to see further instruction.
1 June 2017