Sun Yat-Sen University (SYSU) is currently accepting applications for an undergraduate scholarship program. The scholarship is open to non – Chinese students in Southeast Asian countries. Up to 200 awards will be given away. The closing date of application is no later than April 30, 2017.
Award Value: Vary.
Level and Area of Studies
Undergraduate degree in any field available at the university.
Place of Study
At Sun Yat-Sen University (SYSU) in China.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Applicants shall be non-Chinese with Southeast Asian citizens, hold a valid foreign passport, and meet relevant requirements for international students in China;
- Be healthy, friendly towards China, law-abiding, studious and well-conducted, without any records of violation of Chinese laws, regulations or school rules.
- Applicants shall be graduates from high school, with their high school grades ranking among the top; otherwise, applicants shall display excellence in social services, sports, music, other cultural activities or leadership. Specific standards can be recommended or developed by recommendation institutions in accordance with the education of the country, and shall be put on record at SYSU.
- Language Proficiency: Liberal Arts, Economics and Managerial Science Majors: HSK 5 Certificate (with 180 points or above); Science, Engineering and Medical Science Majors: HSK 4 Certificate (with 180 points or above). The scholarship recipients without adequate Chinese language proficiency must take Chinese preparatory course for one academic year. Upon the completion of the preparatory course and the satisfaction of the language entry requirements, he or she will enter the undergraduate programme.
- Applicants are required to obtain a recommendation letter issued by recommending institutions.
Candidates shall be non-Chinese with Southeast Asian citizens can apply.
Application should be made online through the link below.
April 30, 2017.