Applications for the Toptal Scholarships are now invited. This is exclusively open to women in 13 years of age or older. Both the U.S residents and international residents are welcome to apply. Up to twelve winners will be chosen to receive $5,000 each. No application will be accepted after October 14, 2016.
The Toptal Scholarships Contest is governed by U.S. law to support aspiring female software engineers. The scholarships provide assistance to women from around the world to help empower them to become top professional software engineers.
Each of the successful applicants will receive the benefits as follow:
- The Scholarship Program will have up to 12 winners (“winners” or “recipients”). Each prize (that is, “award”) consists of (a) US$5,000.00 and (b) one (1) year of software programming-related mentorship by a Toptal designated mentor, who will be an experienced software programmer who works for or with Toptal (the mentorship component has a value of approximately US$5,000.00).
- The mentorship portion of each award will consist of at least forty (40) hours of remote mentorship via telephone or VoIP conversation that will cover dierent aspects of software programming, as determined by the mentor (the “Mentorship Program”)
Level and Area of Studies
There is no specified level and field of studies.
Place of Study: Not specified.
Eligibility and Criteria
- The Scholarships Program is only available to women and girls age 13 and older and individuals who consistently live and identify as women, age 13 and older.
- This is an international Scholarship Program. However, you must be a legal resident or citizen of your country of residence to enter the Scholarship Program.
- The Scholarship Program is not available to any resident or citizen of any country that prohibits the Scholarship Program or that is prohibited by U.S. law (e.g., the Crimea region of the Ukraine, North Korea, Cuba, Iran, Sudan, and Syria).
All nationals other than those listed above are welcome to apply.
The application form and guideline can be seen at the website and application link below.
October 14, 2016.
Website and Application Link